We are looking to hire a
Budget Officer/Controller (m/w/d)
As the budget officer in our Finance team, you are responsible for the operational controlling of our research groups, as well as all budget-related matters of the institute. You have a diverse spectrum of tasks and responsibilities with plenty of room for development and design:
- Prepare and analyze monthly reports, target/actual comparisons and deviation analyses for the research group leaders as well as the overall budget of the institute, ensuring transparency
- Active involvement in the further development of the existing reporting, as well as the controlling systems and tools
- Work closely with our internal stakeholders and be the contact person for all budget-related issues
- Support the preparation of the cost accounting and the pricing of the services and products of our research facilities
- Invoicing of scientific services rendered by our research facilities, as well as monitoring heir income and expenses
- Eventually becoming more involved in internal projects and further developing the ongoing digitalization of the existing financial systems and processes
- Fluent German and English (written and verbal)
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Controlling, Finance, Economics or a comparable vocational training
- Previous experience in a comparable position
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience with SAP R/3 (FI and CO) or other comparable accounting systems
- Strong analytical approach to work, as well as high numeracy and IT skills
- Excitement to work in a renowned research institute and contribute toward science
- Curiosity and strong interpersonal skills help you to quickly find your way in an international and diverse environment
- Excellent initiative, a confident demeanor, as well as reliability and patience
- Structured, independent, meticulous work style, with a quick grasp of the issues at hand
What We Offer
- Full time employment (39 hours/week)
- Salary is according to TVöD Bund up to EG9C based on qualifications and experience.
- Conditions and social benefits of the public service, including 30 days vacation, annual special payment, comprehensive insurance, and an attractive pension plan via VBL (Federal and State Government Employees' Retirement Fund)
- Long-term career perspective: a work contract initially limited to 2 years with the prospect of a longer term, subject to agreement by both parties
- Discounted job ticket (VVO) and good public transport connections
- Support for a positive work-life balance, including assistance with family and childcare matters
- A broad network for career development and training opportunities through the Max Planck Society
- Secure job in turbulent times, where you are part of the scientific progress and can quickly take on more personal responsibility
- Warm and cooperative atmosphere with a modern and well-equipped workplace
- Colorful and multicultural work environment with employees from over 50 nations
- Living in Dresden, directly on the Elbe River, an up-and-coming metropolis with a wide range of cultural offerings
- Flexible working hours; home-office option subject to agreement
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped people. Applications of handicapped people are strongly encouraged. The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Diverse interests, courage and drive to get things done are very welcome in our team.
Are you intrigued? Then we look forward to receiving your application including:
- letter of motivation, listing your relevant experience and skills, what particularly appeals to you about this job, when you could start, and your salary expectations
- relevant certifications and references
Please upload the above listed documents with the keyword: 2023-BudgetOfficer-6000 by 30.09.2023 via the following link: https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/559/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
Initial questions about the position can be addressed to Brian von Rueden, Head of Human Resources, via hr(at)mpi-cbg.de. More information about our institute can be found here: www.mpi-cbg.de
If you have obtained a foreign university degree, a proof of the equivalence of this degree with a German degree by the Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen (ZAB) is needed before hiring. If necessary, please apply for this in time. You can find more information at https://www.kmk.org/zeugnisbewertung.
When you submit a job application to MPI-CBG, you are transmitting personal data. Please refer to our privacy notice for information on how we collect and process personal data in accordance with Art. 13 of the Datenschutz-Grundverordnung. By submitting your application you confirm that you have taken note of the information in our privacy notice.