Grants and Finance Manager
We are looking for a
Grants and Finance Manager
The successful candidate is responsible for post-award grant administration and related accounting duties.
• request and confirm receipt of funds and control disbursement according to the award/grant agreements
• perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget controlling and expense analysis, financial reporting, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closure functions as required
• generate accurate and timely financial reports for internal accounting/audits and external agencies.
• prepare for grant audits by external reviewers
• produce regular budget and expense analysis reports
• prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement
• perform proper project accounting
• bachelor’s degree in Finance or closely related field
• 2-4 years’ experience working in a comparably-sized grants office or finance department
• knowledge of national, EU and international third-party funding schemes and relevant financial and legal regulations
• strong knowledge of accounting standards
• sound office IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, accounting systems)
• excellent written and oral communication in English and German
• excellent interpersonal skills; strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills
• capable of simultaneously managing numerous projects; ability to meet deadlines and high standards in a team environment
• recognized accountancy qualification
• SAP knowledge
• expertise in the field of law, taxes, and/or customs
• understanding of scientific projects and services
We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated, reliable person with a finance background, who also enjoys working with people in an interdisciplinary, international setting. With a primary focus on post-award Grant management, this person serves as a bridge between the pure numbers-based functions of the finance department, third-party agencies, and the scientists of the institute. Prior knowledge of German public sector financial procedures and European third-party funding schemes is extremely desirable. Experience of working with the Microsoft Office suite is a must; advanced skills in Excel and/or enterprise accounting systems (such as SAP) are particularly valued. Fluency in both German and English is necessary.
The Grants and Finance Manager reports directly to the Head of Finance.
The position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 2 years with the possibility to become unlimited thereafter. Salary will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For inquiries, please contact the Head of Administration Elena Trovesi (trovesimpi-cbg.de) or Deputy COO Suresh Kumar (skumarmpi-cbg.de).
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please submit your complete application via our online application system stating Code 2021-GrantsManager-6000 at https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/463/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany