Postdoc Program Manager
The Postdoc Program Manager organizes courses, workshops, seminars, and events to facilitate professional development for postdocs and promote scientific and social interactions among postdocs and the MPI community at large. The Postdoc Program Manager works closely with our Postdoc Representatives, Postdoc Association, and institute administration in order to enrich the postdoctoral experience at the MPI-CBG and ensure that postdocs are well-prepared for their next career steps. This office also serves as the primary contact for postdocs within the institute.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Who & What:
The postdoc rep is a current postdoc at the Institute who volunteers his or her time to engage in matters concerning the postdoc community. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- To act as a liaison between postdocs and the institute regarding policy changes and happenings within the Institute that affect the postdoc community.
- To serve as point of contact for postdocs’ questions and concerns and to address these concerns at monthly rep meetings or to direct these concerns to appropriate departments.
- To facilitate, when necessary, professional and career developmental events such as writing and leadership courses, the annual postdoc retreat, etc.
To fulfill these aims, the postdoc rep is involved in the following:
- Attend postdoc rep meetings to discuss relevant issues and to divide shared work, when necessary.
- Attend monthly faculty meetings and/or other meetings with directors, when necessary.
- Attend the postdoc association meetings, which are open to all postdocs.
- Participate in newcomer rounds as new postdocs join the community (meet and greet)
- Assist with event planning, when necessary and depending on the choice/interest of each postdoc rep.
The postdoc community is a diverse group of professional scientists who are in a dynamic and transitional stage of their careers. Postdoc reps are here to improve the postdoc experience at MPI-CBG.
Postdocs on MPI Committees
Postdocs are represented on the various committees that exist at the MPI. The Postdoc Reps (listed above) represent us at the monthly Faculty Meeting. The following people represent us on the committees listed below.
Former Postdoc Representatives
We would like to thank the following people for serving as our postdoc representatives in the past:
Dr. Juliana Roscito
Dr. FoSheng Hsu
Dr. Stefan Münster
Dr. Hyun Kate Lee
Dr. Marnix Wieffer
Dr. Shovamayee Maharana
Dr. Michaela Müller-McNicoll
Dr. Helena Jambor
Dr. Alexis Webb
Dr. Ilya Levental
Dr. Cliff Brangwynne