Web Developer (HiWi)
We are always looking for highly motivated and creative students (student interns, PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, visitors).
What is your role?
- Ownership of all frontend related development of DD-CODE including devops and deployment
- Develop user interfaces for rendering data from API
- Build user management features for a static and stateless web app
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other bioinformaticians and biologists to understand what a life science tool must look like
- Ensure modularity, re-usability and maintenance of code-base
Skills you should have
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of APIs, REST, HTTP methods and gateways(Nginx)
- Good understanding of ReactJS, VueJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficiency working with a Linux/Unix based operating system
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of version control using Git(We use Gitlab)
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Already have a Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics etc.
- 1+ years of professional experience as a frontend developer
Good to have
- Good knowledge of server-side API development
- Working knowledge of Python, Flask and MongoDB
- Knowledge of life science data - proteomics
What we offer
Part-time student job (HiWi position) up to 19 hours /week.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
If you are interested, please send your application to ddcodempi-cbg.de .
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstr. 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany