HR Assistant (m/f/d)
We are a highly renowned and international research institute focusing on cell, developmental and systems biology using molecular, biophysical and computational approaches to address the question “how cells form tissues and organs”. Systems biology is represented by our new intersectional center the “Center for Systems Biology Dresden” or ‘CSBD’, jointly operated by MPI-CBG together with the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems. About 500 staff currently work at MPI-CBG / CSBD with international scientists coming from 53 nations. MPI-CBG has twice been awarded the title “Best Place to Work” by the journal “The Scientist”. It tops the list of the top ten research institutions outside the United States in 2009, and is the only German institution listed.
We are looking for a
HR Assistant (m/f/d)
- autonomous handling of all staff matters in accordance with applicable laws, tariff agreements and operation agreements
- preparation of employment contracts and stipends for PhD students, scientific staff and student helpers as well as preparation of guest contracts including all related issues
- handling day-to-day aspects of personnel administration and providing administrative support throughout the various aspects of the employment life-cycle
- support of the monthly payroll via SAP/HR
- organising and supporting recruitment and managing employment applications
- administration of personnel files and data management
- independent monitoring of ongoing operations
- provide Information to staff and fellows in matters of employment, collective bargaining, social security and tax issues
- monitoring of our internal databases, e.g. Access Control and other
- successfully completed vocational training as “Bürokauffrau/-mann” (ideally with the focus on Personnel Administration)
- 2 - 3 years of work experience in a Personnel Department, ideally in the public service
- Up-to-date knowledge of the public tariff system and German Labour and Employment Law
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- good knowledge of VBL, social insurance system, income tax
- excellent MS-Office skills
- experience with SAP/HR preferred
We are looking for a candidate with sensitivity for other cultures, excellent communication skills and quick perception. The successful candidate should have strong organizational and analytical skills, and should enjoy being part of a close-working team as well as having the ability to work independently. Moreover, the ideal candidate is computer literate and able to produce work consistently to a high standard, scheduling own work to meet deadlines.
The full-time position is available immediately. The contract is limited for 2 years. Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the regulations of the German TVÖD Bund (salary agreement for public service employees) up to EG9a.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. Handicapped individuals are particularly encouraged to apply.
More Information about the Institut you find under www.mpi-cbg.de
Please submit your complete application and CV including a motivational letter, brief description of your professional as a single pdf file via our online application system
Deadline: August 20, 2020.
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany