Head of Personnel
MPI-CBG: We are a highly renowned and international research institute focusing on cell, developmental and systems biology using molecular, biophysical and computational approaches to address the question “how cells form tissues and organs”. Systems biology is represented by our new intersectional center “the Center for Systems Biology Dresden” or ‘CSBD’, jointly operated by MPI-CBG together with the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems. About 500 staff currently work at MPI-CBG / CSBD with international scientists coming from 53 nations. MPI-CBG has twice been awarded the title “Best Place to Work” by the journal “The Scientist”.
Head of Personnel: The Head of Personnel is the most senior staff member supervising and managing the human resources office (‘HR’) and has responsibility for all HR related matters at MPI-CBG. The Head of Personnel will be an integral member of the institute’s administrative management team composed of the Head of Administration, Head of Purchase, Head of Facility Management and Head of Finance (currently covered by Head of Administration). Key roles and responsibilities include:
- human resources recruitment processes and on-boarding
- career development planning and programs
- advising the institute´s management and staff regarding employment laws and regulations
- personnel planning based on the institute´s staffing plan
- problem solving and advice related to human resources
- distribution, monitoring and if necessary adjustment of personnel budgets
- assessment of jobs and job descriptions according to the relevant TVÖD Bund civil pay scale
- organizing payroll accounting in SAP (around 500 pay slips/ month), solving special cases and assisting with questions related to payroll
- support of the institute´s International Office
Candidate: You will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in supervising Human Resources in a research institute or equivalent entity. The institute’s official language is English and fluent spoken and written English and German are both required. It is planned that the new Head of Personnel will overlap with the current Head of Personnel during a transition period of a maximum of 2 years so a commitment for the longer term is desirable.
Additional qualifications include:
- completed studies in business administration or a degree in public administration with specialization in human resources or comparable degree
- detailed knowledge of public sector employment laws, rules, policies and regulations with particular emphasis on TVÖD Bund
- high leadership competence and people’s skills
- goal oriented, service oriented, reliable and conscientious work ethic
- knowledge of SAP is desirable
Position and application: The full-time position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 2 years with the expectation of prolongation depending on adequate performance and agreement of both candidate and institute. Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the regulations of the German TVÖD Bund (salary agreement for public service employees).
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Handicapped individuals are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your complete application and CV including a motivational letter, brief description of your professional accomplishments together with contact details of 2-3 referees as a single pdf file via our online application system stating Code 2019–SGLHR-6000
until September 30, 2019.
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany