Executive Assistant to COO
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden, Germany, is an international research institute focused on cell and developmental biology.
We are searching for an
Executive Assistant (m/f/d)
MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducting ground-breaking biomedical research at the cutting edge of science. The institute has an international staff of about 500 employees, from more than 50 nations around the world. Centered around the scientific question “how do cells form tissues?” the research program at MPI-CBG brings together biologists, chemists, theoretical physicists, and computer scientists to create a vibrant, interdisciplinary working environment. The institute has recently expanded its research vision to encompass stem cell-derived models, synthetic tissue systems and organoid models. The institute is well known for its flat organizational structure, shared resources, equal opportunities, and support for families.
• Coordinate the diary of the COO ensuring that time is well-ordered and prioritised
• Handle incoming written correspondence and telephone calls and prioritize messages for action, draft and proofread responses, preserve confidentiality appropriately
• Plan national and international business trips, including itineraries, bookings, and all associated logistics
• Act as a point of contact and support for the community of scientific core facility staff
• Event planning and coordination (e.g., collaborator visits, periodic meetings, seminars, retreats and visits of dignitaries)
• Prepare agendas and papers, take and circulate high-quality meeting minutes, and follow up on action points
• Critical engagement with fellow executive assistants regarding sharing workloads, quality and working practice
Education & Experience
• Education as a bilingual secretary or comparable field
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a comparable environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy with a keen focus on customer service
• Excellent written and spoken German and English is a requirement
• Good time management skills. Strong ability to multitask and prioritise a diverse and changing workload
• Highly competent in standard software packages, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrable theoretical knowledge of Executive Assistant work and desire to consistently improve
We are looking for a flexible and resilient employee with an understanding of the work in a leading research institution with high standards. You can expect a varied and interesting job in a scientific and international environment. The initial contract is for 2 years with the expectation of prolongation contingent on both parties agreement. Salary will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate, based on TvöD. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please submit your complete application via our online application system stating Code 2021-ExecutiveAssistantCOO-6000 at https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/471/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany