Executive Assistant to Scientific Director
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden, Germany, is an international research institute focused on cell and developmental biology.
We are searching for an
Executive Assistant (m/f/d)
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive secretarial/Personal Assistant service to the Scientific Director (and associated Research Group Leaders) to ensure the efficient and effective management of time and work. He/she will provide a professional, efficient and courteous first point of contact, often requiring a high level of tactfulness and diplomacy.
MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducting ground-breaking biomedical research at the cutting edge of science. The institute has an international staff of about 500 employees, from more than 50 nations around the world. Centered around the scientific question “how do cells form tissues?” the research program at MPI-CBG brings together biologists, chemists, theoretical physicists, and computer scientists to create a vibrant, interdisciplinary working environment. The institute has recently expanded its research vision to encompass stem cell-derived models, synthetic tissue systems and organoid models. The institute is well known for its flat organizational structure, shared resources, equal opportunities, and support for families.
• Coordinate the diary of the Director ensuring that time is well-ordered and prioritised
• Handle incoming written correspondence and telephone calls, prioritize messages for action, draft and proofread responses, preserve confidentiality appropriately
• Plan national and international business trips, including itineraries, bookings, and all associated logistics
• Maintain office supplies, filing systems, and equipment and arrange for repairs or replacements as needed
• Event planning and coordination (e.g., guest researchers, collaborator visits, meetings, seminars, summer schools, alumni events)
• Prepare agendas and papers, take and circulate high-quality meeting minutes, and follow up on action points as instructed by the Director
• Critical engagement with fellow executive assistants in respect of sharing workloads, quality and working practice
Education & Experience
• Education as a bilingual secretary or comparable
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a comparable environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Keen focus on customer service
• Excellent written and spoken German and English is a must
• Good time management skills. Strong ability to multitask and prioritise a diverse and changing workload
• Highly competent in standard software packages, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrable theoretical knowledge of Executive Assistant work and desire to consistently improve
We are looking for a flexible and resilient employee with an understanding of the work in a leading research institution with high standards. You can expect a varied and interesting job in a scientific and international environment. The initial contract is for 2 years with the expectation of prolongation contingent on the agreement of both parties. Salary will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate, based on TvöD. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please submit your complete application via our online application system stating Code 2021-ExecutiveAssistantSD-1110 at https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/472/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany